ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Looking for a broker or buyer for Finisar SFP and Qlogic HBA

2007-05-15 10:46:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Looking for a broker or buyer for Finisar SFP and Qlogic HBA
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:45:59 -0400
>> On Mon, 14 May 2007 18:40:37 -0400, Curtis Preston <cpreston AT GLASSHOUSE
>> DOT COM> said:

> Allen,
> Thanks for taking the time to read my response and to create your own.

Oh, verbose is my middle name!  It's nothing. ;)

> It doesn't look like you've blindly looked for this mailing list lately.

If someone looks for this list without having consulted -any- of the
IBM docs on TSM, I'd just as soon they don't find it.  If they have
looked at the IBM docs (as others have noted) they'll have
subscription instructions.  Again, not 'sweat equity', more 'basic
citizenship'.

>> So here's a suggestion: You moderate incoming messages, and then
>> report back in, say, a year or so, about how many you had to weed out?

> I'm on it!

OK, so from here on any messages that come from your interface
represent both "Someone came to the forum", and also "Curtis thought
the message to be appropriate".  This means you have volunteered your
own reputation as hostage for the flow of messages from your forum.
If we don't like the flow of messages, then we can simultaneously
reject your audience and your opinion. :)

Sounds fair, and if our bozo filters aren't set off by the "New flood
of clueless messages" which we think we expect, well, maybe we're just
wrong.

> BUT IT'S MY JOB TO DO WHAT I CAN TO MAKE SURE THIS LIST IS HAPPY
> WITH WHAT I'M DOING SO THAT DOESN'T HAVE TO HAPPEN.

Cool. We agree. ;)

>> Especially when you're confusing the official imprimatur of IBM
>> with the evolving opinion of exactly the community you're trying to
>> attract.

> I had to look up imprimatur. ;)

I went to "Boys' Latin School".  Whee!

> I don't think I'm doing that, and am not sure what I wrote to make
> you think that.

It was "...Only product to reject...".  TSM, the product, is under the
control of IBM.  ADSM-L is, while sometimes slavishly worshipful
(*blush*) distinctly not under IBM's control.

- Allen S. Rout
- Says stuff like "Extant" and "Imprimatur"... and he means it.