ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Looking for a broker or buyer for Finisar SFP and Qlogic HBA

2007-05-15 05:02:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Looking for a broker or buyer for Finisar SFP and Qlogic HBA
From: David 'Sniper' Rigaudiere <ml AT RIGAUDIERE DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 11:01:26 +0200
Hi Curtis,

Curtis Preston wrote:
> David,
>
> Although "hate" is a very strong word and I may not convince you

Good luck :)

> I therefore had NO INTEREST in building another community that was
> not connected to the existing one.

Does this list want connect to other community ?
I'm already connected to communities I like.

Almost all README, IBM Guides and Redbooks point to this list with
subscribe commands. If "newbies" don't find this information, they
will not find basic info like "how to exclude this file", "how to
run an incremental backup" and I don't want ADSM-L flooded with this
kind of questions.

About traffic, are you trying to convince me that browsing your
forum with PDA is lighter than client email on same PDA ?
DIGEST mode is also a solution.

I'm on this list since 2000 and I like it, I'm mainly reader, not
poster because my bad english. I don't want this list change.
I don't want everyone points his own tools here.

Your forum is a good tool for browsing archive, but should we accept
it for incoming message without discussion with list members ?
Should we accept a kind of take-over (I'm IRC addicted ;)
Some people like forums, other like mailing list, don't be intrusive.

++
David Rigaudiere