ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TS3310 and 6 character bar codes

2007-05-14 22:05:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TS3310 and 6 character bar codes
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 22:05:00 -0400
I believe that with LTO3 tapes you don't have the choice of 6 or 8-character
tape numbers. You can only use 8. And the TS3310 only
supports LTO3 drives. I guess that's why there's no option for 6/8-char volsers.

If you're going to have to use the TS3310 for the older tapes labeled with the
6-char volser, then just use the CHECKLABEL=YES for
the checkin command for those tapes. I would also not set the library up for
AUTOLABEL=OVERWRITE, and maybe not even AUTOLABEL=YES
until I've moved all the data from the old 6-char tapes.

Bill Boyer
"Hit any user to continue..." - ??