ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Volumes stay private

2007-04-27 14:54:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Volumes stay private
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:41:32 -0400
On Apr 27, 2007, at 2:09 PM, Avy Wong wrote:

Hello,
      I am doing an audit on some volumes, I noticed that some of them
after I run an 'audit vol fix=yes' , the volume still stays as private
status and it did not return as scratch. The act log says the audit is
successful.  Any idea? Thanks.

The Audit will attempt to fix any inconsistencies between the TSM
database and its perceived contents of the volume.  That does not
necessarily empty the volume: use Query CONTent to verify what TSM
thinks is still on the volume.  And a volume which was assigned to a
storage pool via DEFine Volume remains in the storage pool when
emptied: Query Volume ... F=D will verify that.

   Richard Sims    Sr. Systems Programmer
                   Boston University Office of Information Technology