ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] List of restore files

2007-04-27 11:38:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] List of restore files
From: "Haberstroh, Debbie (IT)" <HABERDE AT VOUGHTAIRCRAFT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:37:15 -0500
Thanks to all

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Lawrence Clark
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 10:35 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

q backup -subdir=yes "/my directory/* > filelist

>>> Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG 04/27/07 12:32 PM >>>
-----Debbie Haberstroh wrote: -----

>I have a request to list all of the files available for restore in a
>directory. Is there a way to export the list to a file that I can
>send him?  The client is AIX 4.3, TSM 4.2.  Thanks.

I think you can use the command line client to execute a 'query
backup' command with appropriate options, and redirect the outputto a
file.

contain information that is confidential, privileged, and/or otherwise exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.  If this electronic message is from an
attorney or someone in the Legal Department, it may also contain confidential
attorney-client communications which may be privileged and protected from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this message in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the New York State
Thruway Authority immediately by either responding to this e-mail or calling
(518) 436-2700, and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.