ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Open file support for Unix clients ?

2007-04-26 11:44:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] Open file support for Unix clients ?
From: Ronald Le Large <rlelarge AT EPO DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:43:52 +0200
Hi,

I am annoyed by the many skipped log files during the daily incremental
backups of the Unix clients.

I could offcourse bind all log files to a  mgmt class with dynamic or
shared dynamic serialization but before I do that I'd like to know if
there is something like 'open file support' for Unix clients.
I didn't find it in the Unix Installation and Users Guide.

BTW, this question is not about whether we should or should not backup log
files (that is another discussion :-)

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincères salutations

Ronald Le Large