ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Collocation

2007-04-25 05:44:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Collocation
From: William Kyndt <William.Kyndt AT MILLER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:44:09 +0100
Hi Tomasz,

Thank you for the response. Can you use the move command to move only
specific data from a volume or can you only move the entire content from
one volume onto another?

The reason I ask, is that we are only planning on collating certain
servers not all.

Kind regards,

William

>>> Tomasz Hubicki <Tomasz.Hubicki AT CKZETO.COM DOT PL> 25/04/2007 09:21 >>>
If you want to redistribute data on previously uncollocated storage
pool to
collocated media, I would recommend doing MOVE DATA instead of MOVE
NODEDATA. MOVE DATA can be stopped and restarted, and will move data
from
tape following collocation rules.

Regards,

Tomasz Hubicki