ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] RAC backups

2007-04-24 01:40:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] RAC backups
From: Alexander Verkooijen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:40:51 +0200
I spent the last two months installing TSM
on a two node RAC cluster (Linux, not AIX).
It was a very unpleasant experience.
There is very little documentation (at least
that I could find). I can back up now and a few
weeks ago I had to restore a corrupt datafile.
For some reason it took RMAN hours and I had to
copy archived logs manually from one node to
another node but in the end the datafile was
restored.
There is one advise I can give you: Make sure
your archived logs (if you're running your
database in archive log mode) are on some
kind of shared storage like ASM so all the
nodes can access them.

Regards,

Alexander