ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Fw: RESOURCEUTILIZATION for EXCHANGE TDP?

2007-04-19 11:56:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Fw: RESOURCEUTILIZATION for EXCHANGE TDP?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:55:52 -0400
You should use the same NODENAME.

You don't want to launch these serially in a batch file since
that will not accomplish your desired goal of running these
backups at the same time.

Try something like this:
    START /B TDPEXCC BACKUP SG1 FULL     >> SG1-LOG.OUT
    START /B TDPEXCC BACKUP SG2 FULL     >> SG2-LOG.OUT
    START /B TDPEXCC BACKUP SG3 FULL     >> SG3-LOG.OUT
    START /B TDPEXCC BACKUP SG4 FULL     >> SG4-LOG.OUT

The "START" command will launch the command and immediately return.
You can look at the other options of the START command to see
if any of them are important to you.
If you use START /B, don't rely on a return code of the START command
to tell you whether the backup was successful or not.
Ideally, you would launch these separate commands slightly staggered.
There are various ways to place a delay into a batch file, pick your
favorite.
For example: PING localhost -n 30 -w 100 1>NUL 2>NUL

The other way is to have 4 separate command files (one to back up each
storage group) and you would have 4 separate schedules to launch them.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 04/19/2007
10:51:05 AM: