ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How are tapes declared full

2007-04-19 07:03:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How are tapes declared full
From: Alexander Verkooijen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:03:37 +0200
When a tape has still space on it left it's state
is Filling. When there is no more space left
it is set to Full. Then files stored on the
tape will expire according to your policies.
These expired files will cause 'gaps' and the
% utilised will drop until it reaches the
reclamation threshold. During this process
the tape will remain Full until it gets
reclaimed.

The estimated capacity relflects how many
data TSM was able to store on the tape.
Your tape drives probably compress the
data before it is written to tape. Some
data can be more easily compressed than other
data. That is why there is a difference.

Regards,

Alexander