ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] New TS3310 Tape Library

2007-04-18 07:47:38
Subject: [ADSM-L] New TS3310 Tape Library
From: adrian_compton <acompton AT ASPENPHARMA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 13:20:45 +0200
Hi

I have just installed a new TS3310 5U Library with a 9U Expansion slot.
I have configured and have it working very nicely.

One question though.

I am performing a migrate from the old STG's to NEW STG's I have
created, using the nextstg option on the old stg's. The new lib has a
different devclass to the old one.

Once the migration has taken place, I then delete the old STG, and
rename the new one to the old. (Helps not having to change all my
scripts to the new name!)

1. Is this the best way to do this?
2. What do I do with my old Copy Pool?
3. Should I just leave it and start using a new one?
4. Will it eventually no longer have any volumes associated when
expiration,   reclamation etc have run through it

Any pointers etc will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Adrian Compton
Aspen Pharmacare