ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Fw: Long running expire inventory

2007-04-17 08:56:05
Subject: [ADSM-L] Fw: Long running expire inventory
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 08:55:05 -0400
Your startup time was 2 hours, and is now only 30 minutes?  I've had MUCH
bigger databases that come back from a crash, with a nearly full log,
faster than that.  Combined with the poor performance on expiration, I'd
guess you have some corruption in the database, or something wrong on the
system.  Have you measured CPU utilization, disk IO, memory usage?  Is
something there at 100%?

I did use the words "database corruption," which, to me, means "Call TSM
Support."  While there's great knowledge on the list about the analysis and
recovery tools, you want to get it from TSM Support.

Nick Cassimatis

----- Forwarded by Nicholas Cassimatis/Raleigh/IBM on 04/17/2007 08:51 AM
-----

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 04/17/2007
08:21:02 AM: