ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] tivguid question

2007-04-17 05:29:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] tivguid question
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:14:23 +0200
Hi,

I found two nodes with the same globally unique ID (GUID), because the
client admin changed the IP addresses of the machines. Reading the
manuals and the ADSM Quick Facts I came across the tivguid command. But
I cannot find the command on any of my client nodes (Linux, Windows,
versions 5.3 and 5.4).
The Unix client manual also states that the GUID is stored in the
directory /etc/tivoli. That's wrong, because it is stored in the file
/etc/TIVGUID.

Where can I find the tivguid command on the client nodes?

--
Viele Gruesse,

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470