ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Checking volume label on 3592

2007-04-16 18:25:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Checking volume label on 3592
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:47:17 -0400
On Apr 16, 2007, at 3:50 PM, Lee, Gary D. wrote:

Is there a way outside of tsm to read the volume label on a 3592
cartrige?
Not the paper external label, but the one supposedly written to the
tape
itself.

Got a bunch of new 3592s supposedly prelabeled.
However when try to check them in with search=yes, I get an anr8472
message.

Hi, Gary -

I provide a sample program on my Web pages, but for authoritative
procedures see recent IBM Technote 1193760.

And my standing recommendation is: ALWAYS label tapes yourself,
regardless of what the tape supplier claims.  That's the only way to
be sure that they are labeled, and correctly labeled.

   Richard Sims