ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM foreign language support

2007-04-16 08:41:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM foreign language support
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:41:01 -0400
On Apr 16, 2007, at 4:58 AM, Pambos Kyriakides wrote:

We are using TSM Server 5.3.2 and we are trying to backup files with Greek
file names but we are getting the following errors:

Normal File-->            19,738 \\netapp9\itd$\pambosk\Cisco\'î_ç_ã_
_îçàí____ __à CISCO.pdf  ** Unsuccessful **
ANS1228E Sending of object '\\netapp9\itd$\pambosk\Cisco\'î_ç_ã_ _îçàí____
__à CISCO.pdf' failed
ANS4005E Error processing '\\netapp9\itd$\pambosk\Cisco\'î_ç_ã_ _îçàí____
__à CISCO.pdf': file not found

Do these very same errors recur on the next backup?
If not, then it was a transient file which the owner removed in the midst of the backup operation.

If they recur, and your client platform is the ever-troublesome Novell, then it is a situation which you can find described at the TSM Support Page (http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/ support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html) by searching on those message numbers.

  Richard Sims