ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] OEMVS Password expired

2007-04-16 04:26:51
Subject: [ADSM-L] OEMVS Password expired
From: "Herrmann, Boris" <Boris.Herrmann AT ARAG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:26:29 +0200
Hi all,

we have the following TSM Environment:
TSM Server 5.3.4.0 (OS AIX 5.3.0.0)
TSM Client 5.3.0.0 (OS OEMVS 03.17.00)

We've the folling problem:
Last friday the tsm client password for the oemvs node SMSE6ADD expired
automatically. After that, we permanent get the following TSM Server message:
"ANR0425 Session xyz for node SMSE6ADD (OEMVS) refused - password has expired."

So, we have updated the node on the TSM Server for that node with "UPDATE NODE
SMSE6ADD newpw". We've also set PASSEXP=0.
Result: After calling "dsmc" the Client prompts us for Session-Node Name and
the password.  So far so good. PASSWORD ACCESS ist GENERATE. The mainframe
colleagues restarted the TSM Client Scheduler. But after that, we got the same
error Message?? The dsmc also asked again for Node-Session and password! I've
set it again on the TSM Server with FORCEPW=Yes.
After entering the new password on the client, first connection is okay. But on
the next connection, we got the message that the password has expired and
session was refused.
Also updating the client password on the Client side with "SET PASSWORD oldpw
newpw" we got the same case.

I've no Idea what I can do now.

With kind regards,

Boris Herrmann

Produktion / Heterogene Systeme

ARAG IT GmbH

ARAG Platz 1, 40472 Düsseldorf

Tel:  +49 (0)211 964-1137

Fax: +49 (0)211 964-1155

Boris.Herrmann AT ARAG DOT de

www.ARAG.de <http://www.arag.de/>

Geschäftsführer:  Ottmar Liebler, Hanno Petersen

Sitz und Registergericht:  Düsseldorf,  HRB 10934

USt-ID-Nr.:  DE 119 356 473