ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] NDMP Backup

2007-04-11 12:28:59
Subject: [ADSM-L] NDMP Backup
From: "Collins, Brenda" <brenda.s.collins AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:28:08 -0500
Good morning!

Does anyone have some successful tips to offer in backing up NAS
devices?  My problem is that when I use the 'backup node' command and
capture everything, I end up with also backing up the actual luns that
are defined as well as the filesystems that have been created.  This
means backing up excess data.

If I try to run backups on just the filesystems and list them in the
commands, I get parameter errors when I list multiple filesystems in one
command. I have tried listing them separated by commas, spaced and or
enclosed in brackets but same results.

I have also tried putting only one filesystem in a command and running a
string of the commands in a TSM script but again receive parameter
errors.  I need to backup multiple qtrees and would prefer not to make
schedules for each individual qtree if I don't have to.  I also need to
make sure I have it load balanced against a defined number of drives.

The manuals don't really address this issue as far as I can see.  There
is nothing noted in regards to how many volumes can be in a command,
etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Medtronic
Collins, Brenda
Sr. Principle Systems Admin
brenda.s.collins AT medtronic DOT com
tel: 763-514-4969
mobile: 763-218-9596
Always have my latest info
<https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=60130810166&v0=1860631&k0=2093372666&src
=client_sig_212_1_card_join&invite=1>  Want a signature like this?
<http://www.plaxo.com/signature?src=client_sig_212_1_card_sig>