ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Windows TSM CAD errors,

2007-04-10 20:05:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Windows TSM CAD errors,
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:38:10 -0400
Hi Josh,

I used the Gui to removed the TSM  services (acceptor and scheduler)
then I did a
re-install on both and it cleared up the issue.

I had the same issue with another windows 2003 box and and I used the
Dsmcutil update utililty then start tsm services and that fixed the issue.

Thanks.

Josh Davis wrote:

I recently ran into this sort of error when I tried to replicate the
registry entries rather than fail over a cluster.

Add/Remove will not clean up your service entries.

You can try dsmcutil, but I ended up having to create a new scheduler,
then search for the scheduler name and save its' registry entries.
Thwhen
I went to remove, both showed up, so I was able to delete the bad one,
then reimport the good one, then delete the good one.

There are some legacy registry entries that can't be removed with regedit
and these seem to be the ones in the way.

-Josh Davis