ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] inputs for expansion

2007-04-09 18:55:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] inputs for expansion
From: Josh Davis <xaminmo AT OMNITECH DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 17:54:33 -0500
All of the useful information is un VOLHISTORY and SUMMARY tables.

Most likely, you only keep 30 days of summary, and probably 60 days of
volume history.

A subset of the information would be included in the accounting log if you
have accounting enabled.

As Lawrence said before, external applications can be used to maintain
historical data.

Q STAT will tell you how long you're keeping summary records, and whether
accounting is enabled.

For accounting record format, see:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itsmfdt.doc/anrai5335.htm

TPC, TSM Manager, Bocada, and TSM Operational Reporting all can generate
reports for you.  Operational Reporting would probably require that you
generate your own queries in order to get useful reports.  I'm not sure if
Admin Center has any useful or configurable queries yet.

-Josh Davis