ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Need help verifying last steps when redefining library & drives - Regarding checking in the tapes again

2007-04-03 09:24:45
Subject: [ADSM-L] Need help verifying last steps when redefining library & drives - Regarding checking in the tapes again
From: Nancy L Backhaus <Backhaus.Nancy AT HEALTHNOW DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 09:24:28 -0400
Backgroud:
TSM - 5.3.2.2
AIX -5.3.3
Library - ADIC I2000 Scalar,with  IBM LTO2 drives, LTO2 fuji tapes

Currently have a partitioned library:
1st partition - 16 drives
2nd partition -2 drives

We are eliminating  the 2nd partition and  moving the 2 drives and 50
slots from the 2nd partition over to the 1st partition to equal 18 drives
with the help of the library vendor.

I am fuzzy on the last steps regarding checking all the tapes back into
the 1st library to recognize the newly added slots.   So, once I run the
rebuild script that rebuilds the library,library path, drives, and paths.

Final Steps:  Checking in all the tapes

>show slots <library name> (to see additional slots)

then
>checkin  libv <lib name> search=yes checklabel=barcode status=scratch
>checkin  libv <lib name> search=yes checklabel=barcode status=private

then
run an audit library<lib name> checklabel=barcode

Are these the correct steps when checking in all the tapes to recognize
the library and slots?

Thank You.

Nancy Backhaus
Enterprise Systems
HealthNow, NY
716-887-7979

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential,
trade secret or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law.  If you
are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this
message to an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original
message.