ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Good or bad idea?...offsite disk.

2007-04-02 11:46:56
Subject: [ADSM-L] Good or bad idea?...offsite disk.
From: Johnny Lea <jlea AT DIS.UMSMED DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:31:05 -0500
One of my TSM servers is using disk only for onsite pools and tape for offsite.
 I am considering putting a SAN offsite to mirror my onsite diskpools thereby
doing away with tape all together.  This server has about 12TB of storage.  I
have a dedicated fiber link to my offsite location.
Is this a good or bad idea?  I understand that DRM won't be in effect any
longer.  Client restores would be more readily available if needed but what
about the database?  Any considerations or recommendations there or elsewhere?

Thanks,
Johnny