ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] MSL 6060 and TSM 5.3.5.0

2007-04-01 12:36:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] MSL 6060 and TSM 5.3.5.0
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 12:36:40 -0400
1.  The RSM service should be DISABLED, not just stopped, so that it doesn't
start again at reboot.

2.  For non-IBM devices, you need to use the Tivoli STorage Manager device
driver, not the HP drivers.
>From your 5.3.0 CD, install the TSM device driver.  Then see the TSM admin
>guide for Windows topic "Controlling Devices on Windows Server 2003" for
>instructions to replace the HP driver.

If the TSM driver won't load, you will also need an MS hotfix for Windows 2K3:

4.  FWIW, each TSM service package is a complete replacement of the server.
Once you installed the license manager from the 5.3.0 CD, you could have just
installed 5.3.5.0.  No need to install the fixes in between.