ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] HSM for Windows

2007-03-30 08:00:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] HSM for Windows
From: "Weeks, Debbie" <debbie AT ADMIN.USF DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:00:00 -0400
Yes, and that's exactly the problem as far as I'm concerned. We can migrate the
data to TSM disk, where it will have to stay unless a migration to tape can be
determined by the amount of time the file has been unused.  With the current
capabilities we cannot do a smart migration to a third tier of storage, which
would be tape.  True HSM products can do this.  This software is just archive
with a stub file.