ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ISC and Tivoli Storage Administration Center Passwords

2007-03-28 22:09:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ISC and Tivoli Storage Administration Center Passwords
From: Helder Garcia <helder.garcia AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 23:08:39 -0300
Just found this after my last post

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&context=SSGSG7&q1=ISC+expired+password&uid=swg21246085&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

But Admin Center 5.4 seems to have it fixed.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&context=SSGSG7&q1=Admin+Center+5.4&uid=swg21250517&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

The list above shows IC49276 as fixed. IC49276 is:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&context=SSGSG7&q1=IC49276&uid=swg1IC49276&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

The best approach is to simulate the process :)

On 3/28/07, Helder Garcia <helder.garcia AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

No. The ISC and TSM administrators passwords are independent from each
other.
Changing your TSM Admin password from dsmadmc will break the server
connection on ISC, and you will need to change it again on server connection
definition. Changing it directly from ISC will save you one step.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&context=SSGSG7&q1=ISC+expired+password&uid=swg21212333&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

On this situation it should actually show some message and prompt you for
a new password. I don't know if the Admin Center 5.4 will fix this
behavior.

--
Helder Garcia

--