ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] HSM for Windows

2007-03-28 18:22:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] HSM for Windows
From: Francisco Molero <fmolero AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:21:59 -0700
Hi,

I don't agree with you I think it is a more or les a good product, I only
detect a problem " Reconcile Files".  But you can backup and restore stub files
from TSM client and you can restore one stub and recall the file from HSM and
you don't need to recall all files. In case you lost a directory with 10000
files you restore the stub files it is more quickly. Other point is you need to
establish a archive copy group with a long retention because you can recall a
file because you have the stub file and this can be expired in the TSM Server.