ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Shrinking scratch pools - tips?

2007-03-28 17:23:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Shrinking scratch pools - tips?
From: "Johnson, Milton [CCC-OT_IT]" <milton.johnson AT CITIGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 17:22:44 -0400
 I frequently find the culprit to be Oracle backups made via TDP/RMAN
(but it could be any backup made via TDP).  Something happens and they
stop deleting old backups.  I look at likely candidates using:

set sqldisplaymode wide
select NODE_NAME,cast(BACKUP_DATE as date) as
"BACKUP_DATE",STATE,cast(DEACTIVATE_DATE as date) \
as "DEACTIVATE_DATE",HL_NAME,LL_NAME from BACKUPS where
NODE_NAME='Client's Node Name' order by BACKUP_DATE

If it shows old backups then I have the DBAs correct the problem and use
tdposync to remove the old backups.

Milton Johnson