ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ISC and Tivoli Storage Administration Center Passwords

2007-03-28 11:38:17
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ISC and Tivoli Storage Administration Center Passwords
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:37:50 -0700
>You're supposed to manage your Administrators passwords from ISC. This
is
>what about all single signon implementations are about.

Single signon is typically implemented around something like LDAP or
ADAM where the password change is controlled there and not by the app
itself. This way many apps only need users defined with permissions and
roles but the app does not control authentication. In the case of the
ISC console I have not seen anything that shows LDAP is implemented so
comparing it to a 'single signon' enabled app is, I think, stretching it
a bit.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator