ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Spurious error message with TSM for Databases (SQL)

2007-03-23 10:09:53
Subject: [ADSM-L] Spurious error message with TSM for Databases (SQL)
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.s AT EVOLVINGSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:09:34 -0500
When I use the SQL agent (version 5.3.3.0) to back up SQL2000 databases on a
Windows 2000 server, and the SQL machine has one or more databases offline, I
get this error message:

Backup of SQL Database RefTables will not be attempted.
SQL Database Status: StatusError768
ACO5422E Received the following from the MS SQL server:
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Database 'RefTables' cannot be
opened because it is offline. Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)
(HRESULT:0x800403ae)

(RefTables is the offline database) in the sqlsched.log and a false FAILED
backup report in TSM Operational Reporter. (Everything else backed up just
dandy.) I excluded the full and log backups for this database with

     EXCLUDE "\...\RefTables\...\*"

to no avail.

Is there any way to avoid this; log backups every 2 hours means this client
generates 12 failures every day.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.s AT evolvingsol DOT com)
Senior consultant