ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ISC and Tivoli Storage Administration Center Passwords

2007-03-22 15:47:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ISC and Tivoli Storage Administration Center Passwords
From: Robert Clark <Robert_Clark AT MAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:30:47 -0700
It was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. Failure is additive when you
depend on services or systems outside your control. I've seen backups
fail because DNS was unavailable for example.

On the flip side, I've seen TSM loose out in a competitive situation
because it doesn't integrate into AD as well as some other products do.

This week, someone suggested backing up the Decru LKM (Lifetime Key
Manager) to TSM. I had to point out that in a real disaster, we'd
need the LKM to rebuild that dataforts to read TSM tapes. And if the
keys are stored on the tape?

Fun stuff. [RC]