ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Moving Library Owner/Manager

2007-03-20 18:38:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Moving Library Owner/Manager
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:38:32 -0400
You don't need to generate this list and do the CHECKIN for each library
clients' tapes with OWNER...Just checkin all the tapes in
the library as PRIVATE. At this point they will show with no owner. Then on the
library client run an AUDIT LIBRARY. It seems that
the entire volume inventory from the client is exchanged with the LM. Tapes
checked in to the library are then changed to the OWNER
of the client and a volume history entry of TYPE=REMOTE is created for each
volume defined to the client. Do this from each of the
library clients and the LM will be in-sync. Then a select command can be run to
list all the library volumes in private status
without an owner. These are then probably scratch tapes and you can UPD LIBV
STATUS=SCRATCH.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.