ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Error writing volume history file

2007-03-20 17:38:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Error writing volume history file
From: Richard Cowen <rcowen AT BROCADE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:48:35 -0600
Some time ago (years), that error message would appear when a deadlock
of some kind prevented the volume history table from being accessed
during the write attempt.

One GB scratch volumes?  At what rate do you create/delete these during
the night?  A high rate would increase the chance of a timing window
being "illuminated".

Just curious, why such a small volume?  Would larger volumes result in a
lower rate of creation/deletion?