ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Client Config Corner Case Conundrum.

2007-03-20 14:35:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] Client Config Corner Case Conundrum.
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:35:10 -0400
I added that fifth one once I saw the first 4. ;)

So, if 5.4 Linux client has no dsm.opt, but a dsm.sys with a default
server stanza, then dsmc q sched, dsmc incr, etc.  will all work
happily.

But the CAD will not work: It complains that the scheduler command
fails.

If you 'touch' (i.e. make a zero-size empty file) dsm.opt, all is
good.  The CAD runs and retrieves a schedule and (I presume, but we'll
see at 1800 EST) runs the job.

So, o Masters and Mistresses of the client code, why does the CAD deem
a missing dsm.opt a critical error (and not even worth a conventional
loquatious IBM error message), but an empty dsm.opt a nonevent?

- Allen S. Rout
- Crikey!  That's 6.