ADSM-L

Volume History Question

2007-03-14 06:13:44
Subject: Volume History Question
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:12:09 +0000
Good morning people

This is such an old question but I have just been thinking about something
and want to make sure that my understanding is correct.

When I want to delete volume history information, am I right in assuming
that I can delete anything older than my oldest database backup.

For example, in my setting I keep database backups for 4 days before they
expire. So in this case, if I wanted to get rid of anything older than say,
seven days, I would be safe to do so.

Is this right?

Thanks

Farren Minns
John Wiley & Sons Ltd

The information contained in this e-mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and confidential and intended solely
for the named recipient(s).  If you are not a named recipient,
you must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information,
open any attachment, or take any action in reliance on it.  If you
have received the e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete
the e-mail.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender, unless otherwise stated.  Although this e-mail has
been scanned for viruses you should rely on your own virus check, as
the sender accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug
or virus infection.

John Wiley & Sons Limited is a private limited company registered in
England with registered number 641132.

Registered office address: The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester,
West Sussex, PO19 8SQ.