ADSM-L

Re: AS/400 & DB2

2007-03-12 19:40:56
Subject: Re: AS/400 & DB2
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:40:19 +1000
Hi Wira,

TSM can be used with AS400, but it runs as a "virtual tape" facility to
the AS400 BRMS utility.  I am reasonably sure that DB2 backups on AS400
will go to BRMS rather than to TSM directly.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Steven Harris
AIX and TSM Admin
Brisbane Australia.

Wira Chinwong wrote:
TSM Expert,
     I just got the questions from my client about backup DB2 on AS/400
but I didn't experience on AS/400 yet. So I have a few questions. Can
TSM backup DB2 on AS/400? Do I need to check the version of OS or DB2?
If so, what are the commands for checking the prerequisites.  Please
recommend me the redbooks which I can find more detail.

Thanks you,

Best Regards,

Wira Chinwong
Engineering Department Manager

SCSI Co., Ltd.
719 KPN Tower Bldg., 11th Floor, Bangkapi,
Huaykwang, Bangkok 10310
Tel 02-7171066-7  Fax 0-27171068
E-mail: wira AT scsi.co DOT th
<mailto:wira AT scsi.co DOT th>