ADSM-L

Re: Ramifications of delete vol xxxxxx discardd=y

2007-03-09 11:13:23
Subject: Re: Ramifications of delete vol xxxxxx discardd=y
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:06:39 +0100
Well... Only if the tape contains data from a BA client. If the tape
contains TOP data, you will have to reschedule a full database backup
for that client.
If you have a read-only tape you should check the tape by moving it's
data to a new tape, using the MOVE DATA command. If it fails, you can
try a restore of the volume from your copypool.
If that fails too (because the volume contains files which aren't backed
up to your copypool because of read errors) you will have to do an AUDIT
VOLUME PREVIEW=YES to see which files are damaged. A Q CONT damaged=yes
will show you the damaged files.
If the damaged files are all BA client files, you can fix the tape by
running an AUDIT VOLUME again without the preview, followed by again a
MOVE DATA to empty it.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines