ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading AIX TSM 5.2.7.1 to 5.3.4.2

2007-03-05 13:55:59
Subject: Re: Upgrading AIX TSM 5.2.7.1 to 5.3.4.2
From: Lloyd Dieter <ldieter AT ROCHESTER.RR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:55:02 -0800
Joni,

I'd recommend doing 5.3.0 -> 5.3.4 -> 5.3.4.2.

The licensing changes from 5.2 to 5.3.  You'll want to "register lic
file=tsmee.lic".

I assume you're aware of the ISC/AC, and the requirements for that.  To
make the transition easier, I'd install the patches for the "classic" web
interface.

Also, I'm guessing that you already have your own schedules/scripts to do
administrative tasks...so *don't* let the ISC/AC set up it's own
"maintenance schedule" unless you know that's what you want.

-Lloyd