ADSM-L

Re: Novell DB files skip

2007-03-01 12:38:50
Subject: Re: Novell DB files skip
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 09:37:36 PST
---------------------------- Top of message ----------------------------
>>--> 03-01-07  09:31  S.SHEPPARD     (SHS)    Re: Novell DB files skip

I'm not a Novell guy, but we do something here using a Novell function
called 'GWCOPY'.  Apparently, this makes a snapshot of the PO while it's
running.  We then backup the copy of the PO.

I don't know all of the details, but apparently it can do some sort of
incremental copy, but isn't aware of the files in the PO that may have
been deleted since the last GWCOPY.  This means the copy gets bigger
everyday and eventually you have to start from scratch.  Meaning, the
backup of the copy ends up being a full backup periodically.

Check with your Netware people.

Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corp.
(858)-581-9668