ADSM-L

Re: Novell DB files skipped from Tivoli Incremental backups

2007-02-28 14:16:37
Subject: Re: Novell DB files skipped from Tivoli Incremental backups
From: Kevin Kinder <Admin AT WVADMIN DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:15:46 -0500
Tim,

I am using presched and postshced to do this very thing on several servers. I
am in a class right now, but will email you the details on Friday. Basically, I
set up a separate node for the GW backups,  then use a pre and post sched to
stop and start GW. I do this around 2:00 am (for minimal disruption). So far,
works like a charm.

Also, the enableGW switch does not work reliably. I worked with that for a
month before giving up - including calls open with both TSM and GW support.

-----
Kevin Kinder
304-558-5914  x1988
>>> Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US 02/28/07 1:55 PM >>>
Mark... Thanks again I am also going to look into the preschedulecmd and
postschedcmd
and see if it's possible to shut down the database while the backup is
active.

Tim