ADSM-L

TSM problem with Removing Copy Pool from Sequential Access Storage Pool

2007-02-22 07:04:22
Subject: TSM problem with Removing Copy Pool from Sequential Access Storage Pool
From: "Carpenter, Curtis" <CCarpenter AT HESS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 07:03:57 -0500
Hello All....

We are running TSM Server 5.2.7 on AIX 5.3.03.  We assigned a copy pool
to our GEN_TAPE sequential access pool. We are trying to remove this
copy pool because it is causing us to receive the following messages:

ANR4734W Copy storage pool COPYPOOL was removed from the copy storage
pool list because of a failure for session XXXX.

ANR4744W Cannot acquire sufficient number of mount points.

But, when we try to remove the copy pool associated with our sequential
access pool using the GUI, it appears to update, but when we query the
storage pool again, we see that it still has a copy pool associated with
it.  Any suggestions?

I have already tried to fake it out, by creating a temporary copy pool
then associating with the sequential pool, and then tried to
disassociate but...that did not work either.  TSM says the copy pool is
in use.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks