ADSM-L

What is the licensing model for TSM?

2007-02-14 04:40:48
Subject: What is the licensing model for TSM?
From: Douglas Currell <dlcurrell AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 04:40:28 -0500
Need some help understanding aboyt TSM 5.3 licensing. Thanks...

We run TSM 5.2.2 on Linux (Suse) with one dual drive tape library and our
licensing looks like this:

(lines containing "0" edited out)

Last License Audit: 02/14/2007 04:08:08 AM

           Is Tivoli Disaster Recovery Manager in use ?: No
         Is Tivoli Disaster Recovery Manager licensed ?: No
                                  Is Library Sharing in use: No
                            Is Library Sharing licensed: No
                Number of Managed System for LAN in use: 52
              Number of Managed System for LAN licensed: 57
                     Number of Managed Libraries in use: 1
                   Number of Managed Libraries licensed: 1
               Tivoli Data Protection for NDMP in use ?: No
             Tivoli Data Protection for NDMP licensed ?: No
             Is Tivoli Storage Manager for Data Retention in use ?: No
Is Tivoli Storage Manager for Data Retention licensed ?: No
                              Server License Compliance: Valid

The plan is to upgrade to 5.3 and add another nearly identical library.
Incidentally, +95% of out TSM clients use a single processor. BTW. What is a
"managed processor"?

Should we be charged by processor or by client or by both? what about the TSM
server?