ADSM-L

Big fun with Windows 2003 and IBM 3494 libraries

2007-02-13 12:40:16
Subject: Big fun with Windows 2003 and IBM 3494 libraries
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.s AT EVOLVINGSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:18:03 -0600
Well, I figured out why the ibmatl install seemed to hang. The ibmatl.readme
text file comes up during the install, and the install won't finish until you
close the text file. No documentation on this little gotcha, either.

Sigh.

Now I'm trying to figure out whether the server is talking to the library. (I
know I'm talking to the tape drives.) I edited the ibmatl.conf file and started
the IBM Automated Library service. It would appear from the lmcpd.log that the
connection is successful (also from the 3494a_atl.log), but I'm not seeing the
device in the Device Manager, or in the Devices Information stanza in the TSM
management console.

I don't know the ntutil utility very well; does anyone know how to find the
device name for the library using that?

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.s AT evolvingsol DOT com)
Senior consultant