ADSM-L

VTL-Experience

2007-02-13 05:41:27
Subject: VTL-Experience
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:28:28 +0100
Hello all,

We think about expanding our tsm-infrastructure with a backup-to-disk
solution using a VTL or a DataDomainServer.
What do we want with this : being prepared for faster restore of huge
file-servers (8000000 Files in one Filespace).
We heard about good experience with the Falconstore VTL (in combination with
a NetApp Disk-Filestore). Can anybody share his experience with me and give
some good advice on whats the best solution (at this time).

Thanks
Christoph