ADSM-L

Re: Unavailable volume

2007-02-09 10:05:56
Subject: Re: Unavailable volume
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 10:05:43 -0500
Q VOL ACC=UNAVAIL

To get the volume name. Then you should query the actlog to find out what
happened to make TSM put the volume as unavailable.
Usually because it couldn't be mounted. Could be that the tape isn't really in
the library, or is in the library but couldn't be
mounted because of a hardware problem or slot problem. Try an AUDIT LIBRARY. If
the volume is in the library and in the correct
slot, then just UPD VOL <volume> ACC=READW to make it available again.

Bill Boyer