ADSM-L

How do I stop dsmadmc reformatting output when doing selects on the command line?

2007-02-09 08:27:16
Subject: How do I stop dsmadmc reformatting output when doing selects on the command line?
From: "Davis, Adrian" <Adrian.Davis AT LEWISHAM.GOV DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 13:12:03 -0000
How do I stop "dsmadmc" reformatting output when doing "selects" on the
command line or script?

For example:-

If I try...

dsmadmc -id=script -pass=mypassword 'select * from db'

...I get...

  AVAIL_SPACE_MB: 17340
     CAPACITY_MB: 17200
MAX_EXTENSION_MB: 140
MAX_REDUCTION_MB: 3048
       PAGE_SIZE: 4096
    USABLE_PAGES: 4403200
      USED_PAGES: 2133480
    PCT_UTILIZED: 48.4
MAX_PCT_UTILIZED: 82.3
PHYSICAL_VOLUMES: 34
 BUFF_POOL_PAGES: 65536
TOTAL_BUFFER_REQ: 1357605
   CACHE_HIT_PCT: 98.3
  CACHE_WAIT_PCT: 0.0
  BACKUP_RUNNING: NO
     BACKUP_TYPE:
 NUM_BACKUP_INCR: 0
   BACKUP_CHG_MB: 107.5
  BACKUP_CHG_PCT: 1.2
LAST_BACKUP_DATE: 2007-02-09 05:30:43.000000

...Which is just what I want - However: If I do anything into a
pipleline/redirect etc. the format is changed to...

AVAIL_SPACE_MB     CAPACITY_MB     MAX_EXTENSION_MB     MAX_REDUCTION_MB
PAGE_SIZE     USABLE_PAGES      USED_PAGES     PCT_UTILIZD
MAX_PCT_UTILIZED     PHYSICAL_VOLUMES     BUFF_POOL_PAGES
TOTAL_BUFFER_REQ     CACHE_HIT_PCT     CACHE_WAIT_PCT     BACKUP_RNNING
BACKUP_TYPE            NUM_BACKUP_INCR     BACKUP_CHG_MB
BACKUP_CHG_PCT       LAST_BACKUP_DATE
--------------     -----------     ----------------     ----------------
---------     ------------     -----------     -----------
----------------     ----------------     ---------------
----------------     -------------     --------------     -------------
------------------     ---------------     -------------
--------------     ------------------
         17340           17200                  140                 3048
4096          4403200         2133143             484
82.3                   34               65536              1549477
98.3                0.0     NO
0             118.3                1.4             2007-02-09

05:30:43.000000

...I tried using the "-outfile" option to write to a file. At first this
seemed to work - even when I incorporated this into a script. But if I
then called that script in a pipeline the format changed again -
AAAAARGH!!!

I much prefer the first version of the output as it is easier to process
in scripts. Can anybody help??

Many Thanks,
   =Adrian=

DISCLAIMER

This message is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity it is addressed to. If you have received it in
error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail. To see the
full version of this Disclaimer please click here:
http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/AboutThisSite/EmailDisclaimer.htm

For advice and assistance about online security and protection from
internet threats visit the "Get Safe Online" website at
www.getsafeonline.org