ADSM-L

Re: Backup of network shares

2007-02-07 12:58:25
Subject: Re: Backup of network shares
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 10:59:29 -0700
Hi Karin,

If the network share goes away (for whatever reason), the TSM client will
not retry it.

You could try scripting something up that invokes the TSM client (e.g.,
"dsmc i \\xyz.abc.ddd\k$"), interrogates the results for ANS1056E, and
retries the operation once the network share is available again.

Alternatively, consider running the backup-archive client on the cluster
host.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/07/2007
03:30:51 AM: