ADSM-L

JR- AIX exclude.dir command

2007-02-06 13:46:06
Subject: JR- AIX exclude.dir command
From: JR Trimark <j.r.trimark AT AURORA DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:42:53 -0600
Enterprise TSM server - AIX 5.2, TSM 5.3
Client server - AIX 5.2

I want to exclude directories from being backed up by using the
exclude.dir command in the dsm.sys.
EX:
exclude.dir /u01
When I look at the dsmsched.log I see entries for this directory that I
excluded.
EX:
Incremental backup of volume '/u01'
It appears that it is not backing up the directory just scanning it.  If
the directory had been backed up I would see:
Successful incremental backup of '/backup'

I only want to see entries in the dsmsched.log for directories that I
wanted to backup along with their status.  Can this be done?
Thanks