ADSM-L

Re: SAP offline backup problems

2007-02-06 05:01:31
Subject: Re: SAP offline backup problems
From: Dksh Cssc <callie.liew AT DKSH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 18:01:06 +0800
Hi Chris,

I used to have this problem. Could not read the data files (randomly) esp
during the startup of the backup. Subsequently I schedule a time frame
just to backup the offline / online backup, as previously I doubted the
lack of resources (ie the drives) causes the bad backup. It works fine
eventually.

Are you running the backup via Storage Agent?

Leigh Reed <L.Reed AT MDX.AC DOT UK>
01/30/2007 12:33 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] SAP offline backup problems

Chris

This is a MS resource issue. It is common when backing up large
filesystems or large files. While the following posting doesn't relate
to offline SAP backups with the TDP specifically, I think that it is the
same underlying cause. It is probably the latter part of the posting
that is most useful, regarding MS KB articles. See if it helps.

http://msgs.adsm.org/cgi-bin/get/adsm0405/200/1.html

Leigh