ADSM-L

Tsm, 3592, and z-linux

2007-02-01 14:53:53
Subject: Tsm, 3592, and z-linux
From: "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:51:53 -0500
We are looking to move our tsm server v5.2.9.0 from solaris 2.8 to
z-linux.
I am not well versed in this world.

My understanding is that the 3592 drives will be connected via an ibm
2109 fiber switch to a 2319 fiber card in the z800 mainframe.

1. How do I get z-linux to see the fiber card and its attached drives?
2. Any gotchyas in dealing with fiber connected drives?
I have some experience with 3590-e01 drives but they are connected to
our current server via scsi.

3. pointers to documentation.  I don't mind reading, just where to
start.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer