ADSM-L

dsmc via cron and via shell

2007-01-11 19:41:19
Subject: dsmc via cron and via shell
From: Dave Robbins <robbins AT GEOL.UCSB DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:25:11 -0800
Hi, I just joined this mailing list so please forgive if this topic has been
covered.  I have not been able to find mention of it via google.

I use the following dsmc command to backup my clients every morning
via a cronjob.

   ./dsmc incr -subd=y -passw="$PW" "$SOURCE"

Recently someone changed the passwords and that stopped multiple cronjobs
from successfully starting. However, when I then went on to the server
via the web interface and changed the passwords back to what they used to be,
the dsmc command still produced an authentication error ... at least initially.
I then discovered that another client ... getting this same authentication error
initially ... was now starting and completing successfully again.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening or what I must change or fix
to get this to work immediately on the affected systems?  Many thanks.

They are all running OSX 10.4 and TSM 5.2.4.  I wrote the cronjob because
it works much more reliably with the cronjob than with TSM's
own automatic mechanism.