ADSM-L

Re: move data

2007-01-10 08:44:53
Subject: Re: move data
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:42:58 -0500
Geoff - The IBM explanation of the ANR1171W message well describes the
        situation: Do the Query RESTore as Bill suggested.
A TSM Support Page search on that message turns up some APARS which
supply more background.

I don't know what disk you are referring to.  If this was a disk housing
a storage pool volume, then you need to deal with it via the usual
means.
If caching was turned on, the TSM server will have records of the files
being both there and on the tape they migrated to.  Where warranted, you
can perform a  DELete Volume ... DISCARDdata=Yes  to clear the records;
or you may perform  RESTORE Volume  where you have copies of the data.

  Richard Sims